Our Lactation Consultants
We would like take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as your certified Lactation Consultants at Dover Pediatrics, PLLC. We are board certified in the clinical management of breastfeeding through the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
We recognize that learning to breastfeed can sometimes be a challenge and there are many opinions about breastfeeding. Breast milk has immunological, hormonal, enzymatic, anti-inflammatory and protective factors for your baby and it can be very convenient. Breast milk composition adapts to your baby’s needs as they grow. While there are many benefits to breastfeeding, we also understand this option may not be for everyone.
If you are a new or experienced mother planning to breastfeed your new baby or if you are still considering breastfeeding, I would be happy to meet with you to discuss any questions or concerns you may have. As your Lactation Consultants, we are here to provide you with the information you need to help you meet your goals by offering the following:
- Prenatal consults
- Appointments and/or telephone support in the early weeks to get breastfeeding off to a great start
- Products: Medela Breast Pump replacement parts and accessories
- The most current information and advice regarding all aspects of breastfeeding management
- Customized/individualized care
- Monthly prenatal breastfeeding classes at Wentworth Douglass Hospital
- Lactation Consulting is covered by most insurance companies
Parents seeking additional information to help them prepare for breastfeeding, we recommend “New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding, 2nd Edition” (American Academy of Pediatrics; Dr. Joan Younger Meek).
Congratulations to you and your family. Please call our office to introduce yourself. We are here to assist you with any questions and/or concerns at (603) 742-4048.